Yet again, I missed last week's post. Just trying to keep you on your toes you see! Or, you know, being generally forgetful. I was at a friend's birthday party, so I suppose I was having a very feel-good Friday and just never told you guys.
So, this week I may have to dredge up the little things, as nothing massively amazing is happening, as far as I'm aware, and, frankly, I'm feeling a bit down for no apparent reason (read: PMS-y) tonight; but I started this to help me look for the little things that are good each week, not the big things, so this'll probably be good for me!
Choosing happiness is exactly what I'm trying to do :)
1. Cumin makes everything better, as I discovered on making some fantastic rice and sausage concoction the evening my boyfriend went home the other week. So I'm thinking I'm going to hunker down on the sofa for a bit this evening with a similar dinner and watch some trashy tv and smile.
2. I have done a little bit of work! Which is better than nothing :)
3. Although it was a bit strange letting my parents go home again, I had a fabulous time with them, and got to do loads of great stuff which I probably wouldn't have done otherwise, like go to the zoo and see the pandas. Yes, it's a bit sad that they're gone again (or at least it is when I feel like this!) but it makes me realise how lucky I am to have amazing parents, and parents that I get on with so well.
4. Also, I'll be popping home for the weekend, for my dad's birthday in 2 weeks time, so really, I can't complain!
5. Had a great night with some great friends last night, and two of them I'll be living with next year so everything seems rosy on that front. We've also organised that the evening we had become a regular weekly or bi-weekly thing, which is fantastic.
6. I had some tea and biscuits, and Married, Single, Other, a programme that was a favourite of mine a couple of years ago was on STV, so I had a nice relaxing hour, which has chilled me out quite a bit. Luckily it wasn't one of the overly sad episodes!
7. Had a quick meeting with a photographer about a possible shoot, and he was a nice guy, we've sorted something, and hopefully that will go well. If it doesn't, I've not lost anything excpet some of my time really. He seemed alright, and the whole thing is TFP outdoors and looks fab, so I'm hoping all goes well.
8. It's my flatmate's birthday today, and the people she's currently working for on placement sent her home when they found out. Bless them. And there's a little party tomorrow which should be fun, and snap me out of whatever's left of this steadily departing funk.
9. It was a beautiful day today - one of those that makes you glad you live somewhere. Or just glad you live to be honest. Deceptively windy and cold, but beautiful
10. I have show choir tomorrow. Can't beat that.
So now, I'm going to choose to be happy, slap even more of a smile on my face, then go to bed. Yay.